Monday, June 28, 2010

Great Opportunities

I have loved my experience thus far in Washington, D.C. Through The Washington Center and IGE, I have had a lot of great opportunities. This past week, during my weekly programming at TWC, I listened to a F.B.I. agent talk about his work experience. I found it really interesting to learn about white-collar crime and how the F.B.I. operates. I also went to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. The interns at IGE toured the building and met with an attorney that works in employment law. This was a great opportunity to learn about law school, working for the federal government, and how faith can be applied in this context. I am really excited for next week as well. I will get the chance to go to The Becket Fund, which is a Washington, D.C.-based public interest law firm protecting the free expression of all religious traditions. This is exactly the type of work I would like to pursue someday. I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to learn so much in my field of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment