Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Week In DC

I arrived to Washington D.C. on May 26. I was a little nervous, but also really excited. This is what I always wanted to do. I have been interested in American history and politics from an early age. Having the opportunity to live and work here has been a dream come true. Taking the Metro everyday and living in a large urban environment, for a mid-west boy like me, has been an adjustment, but I have loved living here so far. I have been able to see the National Archives (Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence), the National U.S. History Museum, and the Capital. Also, working at the Institute for Global Engagement (IGE) as an intern has been tremendous. My internship is predominately research based, studying how religion relates to state and society internationally. IGE, through their “top-down, bottom-up” approach, works to create sustainable environments for religious freedom worldwide. In the weeks to come I hope to gain a greater global comprehension of the world and find tangible ways to insure religious liberty. This is my passion, specifically the intersection of religion and law. 

No comments:

Post a Comment