Thursday, June 10, 2010

Busy Week: Summer Jam!

So, Tuesday's and Thursday's are my recuperation days. Last week was the fastest, craziest, painful week of my life. On June 6th, Hot 97, my internship’s (Kiss FM) sister station had it’s biggest concert of the year: Summer Jam. Because the event was so big, Kiss FM interns were also required help. We went to the Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey (the venue for the concert) at 9am Sunday morning. I along with my co-interns got home the next day around 3am. Although, I was tired and irritated at the end of the night, my overall experience was amazing. It was so fascinating; being apart of the setup process. As an intern, I assisted in putting up banners, making sure clients/sponsors (of the concert) were comfortable and handing out programs to over 50,000 attendants. I also got to enjoy a full concert (all-access style) with some of my favorite artists. Unfortunately, I had to work the following Monday from 9a.m.. to 5p.m. However, it was well worth it! Now, I am fully rested and every time, I think of all the blessings that have come along with this internship, I smile. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment